1st Semester Reflection

 November Community Service Hours: 4

Total Fall Semester Community Service Hours: 13

    The past few weeks have been fairly routine now that the fall semester is coming to a close. I will admit that the

renal and pulmonary module is very lackluster and wasn't compeling compared to the previous blocks. Although

the flexibility afforded to us when we're assigned a pre-recorded lecture is appreciated, it wasn't at all engaging.

Because of this, I was dismissive of the pulmonary module in terms of interest in the field. I noticed that for

Dr. Mageed's lectures, I had a hard time mastering the content. With all due respect, I just don't learn well with his

lecture style unlike the other professors here. Luckily, I was able to find some outside resources to bolster my

understanding of the topics he covered. 

    For Medical Pharmacology, I have a really good grasp on how to prepare for the test, but MCP and PR can still

be a bit of a toss up. If this semester is just a precursor to the classes in spring, then I should definitely step up my

game a bit if I don't want to fall behind. 

As a quick update on my goal earlier in the semester, I've managed to find a position in a professor's research lab

at Tulane and I hope I can contribute effectively to their projects.

    This month I volunteered at an oncology nursing unit. While I believe the nurses there don't necessarily need my

help there, the patients definitely appreciate seeing someone that's happy to help, especially from someone that

isn't in scrubs or a white coat. Most of my time was just spent talking-more specifically listening- to patients that

aren't in the best of spirits for obvious reasons. I suppose it was a humbling experience and I'm grateful for what I

have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feburary Blog

Januaray Blog Post